Thursday, October 14, 2004

What would Fonzie do?

When you own your own business, you think about it 24/7. Well, at least if you care about it.

I think I took it a little too far last night when at 1:30 a.m. I flipped on the television while getting ready for bed, landed on Happy Days, and was DISTRAUGHT over Howard Cunningham's hardware store being in danger of closing because a new fancy mall came along.

I mean, I was really upset. And I started trying to think of things he could do to better the situation. Even Fonzie (who tried hard, nevertheless) couldn't save him.

And what's worse? (Can there be a worse at this point?) Even though I could barely keep my eyes open, I had to watch the whole damn episode to make sure he was going to be okay.

Fortunately, he came up with the brilliant idea of moving his store to a new location, where there were no other hardware stores within five miles. WHEW!

Also, I blame Martha. For she is the one who suggested watching Happy Days to lull you into a nice warm blanket of security.