Thursday, November 18, 2004

Kookie.

This morning I woke up and went about my business quietly around the house. About an hour ago, I realized I hadn't spoken outloud yet, and I was wondering if my voice was still all fucked up and scratchy. Did I need to make any phone calls? Not really.

So I sat at my desk and said, "Hello...."

Couldn't tell. What does one say when they want to talk outloud just to check their voice?

I sat there and thought about it. Started feeling stupid.

So, I went to my dog. "Hi, doggie. Hi DOGGIE? HI there, doggie. Cool, I'm good."

I have about thirty people coming over this evening. My cleaning lady's coming this afternoon to help me out, so I am not really stressed out about it, which is amazing. I hardly stress at my events, unless they are in my home. Which as I said, this one is.

You know I hid Flipper like he was Anne Frank or something. I'm all paranoid that way. Like, why would people go through MY DRAWERS in my BEDROOM, not possible. But that wasn't good enough for me. I had to wrap Flipper up and disguise it, and THEN hide it in something to be put into something else.

Obviously, I need help.