Sunday, April 18, 2004

Connecting people while asleep.

My phone rang at 8:30 this morning, and it was a client of mine desperate to unload some play off tickets for today. She was going to GIVE them to me. In a very foggy state (I'm not even sure if I spoke English, as I was sleeping the sleep of the dead at the time of the call), I had to graciously decline as I already had brunch plans and a serious workload to tackle this afternoon.

And then I told her I could get her full value for someone to take the tickets off her hands. Sitting up in bed, I made three calls, and had them sold in 10 minutes. I connected the parties, and went promptly back to sleep.

When I woke up, I thought I had dreamed it all.

But then there were flowers on my doorstep with a note of thanks. She had been happy just to give them to someone, but was glad to have made her money back.

Maybe I do my best work when sawing z's?