Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Really, where is it?

If I were to copy Dooce, this title would follow under "Feeling Guilty".

Yesterday I was sitting at a light at a freeway exit, when to my left was a homeless man holding a sign that said, "Homeless: Let's love each other."

He was RIGHT NEXT to my window.

And what song was blaring in my car?

The Black Eyed Peas, "Where is the Love?".

See, I didn't have a single dollar/coin/ounce of love with me in my car.

And yet, there I sat with the song blaring:

People killin', people dyin'
Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
Can you practice what you preach
And would you turn the other cheek

Father, Father, Father help us
Send us some guidance from above
'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
Where is the love (Love)

Where is the love (The love)
Where is the love (The love)
Where is the love
The love, the love