Friday, March 25, 2005

Some schtuff.

INVITES:

Toni Toni Toni's invitations are DONE and they only took me THREE DAYS and I only got TWO papercuts and just TODAY the ink finally decided to wash off my hands for good. I call that success. All fifty of them made their way out into the world this week, and now I'm getting calls from some people I don't know, saying yes they will come to my house next month. Is it wrong to say, "Let's talk about the invitation for a while. Just how dreamy was it?"...? Or to ask them to frame them as artwork in their homes? I think not.

COMPANY:

This week I had two out-of-state visitors. One was my girlfriend Kathie who I have known for SIXTEEN years. That's a long time, you know. I met her when I was 19 and got my first REAL job...as a bank teller. We saw Steel Magnolias in the THEATER, that's how old our friendship is. Of course, she said whenever she sees that movie she is always reminded of how I had dropped my soda and it rolled all the way down to the front of the theater. Memories!

The other visitor is my friend William, who was out to California to show off his new woman. Toni and I heard through a circle of friends that William and his woman have been getting it on in a very freaky manner lately, and we are appalled. And totally not prepared because we just cannot IMAGINE William getting freaky and it's causing all sorts of OHMYGOODNESS and buzz and whatnot. I was able to squeeze in lunch with them and I had to imagine puppies and sunshine and butterflies the entire time because I just DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT THAT. It's gotten to the point to now when Toni and I need to punish or zing each other we just blurt out "WILLIAM SEX!" and then we recoil in horror and whatever we are arguing about disappears into nothingness.

FAIRY GODMOTHER:
Yesterday was my Goddaughter's birthday, she turned seven. I am loving that she is more talkative on the phone now - she is a constant source of entertainment. Last night she was lementing that it's taking her two front teeth FOREVER to come in. I was trying to comfort her and telling her that it takes time and such, and she goes, "I don't care. I look like a damn idiot!" Aw, she made her Godmother proud.

And...I'm out of time.