Monday, April 10, 2006

Blue sky holiday.

Only American Idol viewers will get this.

On Saturday I was at brunch with some friends, and that song they always play during the "let's review your journey" portion of American Idol, when a contestant gets voted off, was playing overhead.

One of my friends complained that whenever she hears that song now she pictures everything in slow-mo video-clip style. This prompted us to suggest that that song be played whenever there is a mishap or awkward moment. Lots of suggestions came forward, like how exactly TWO MINUTES LATER a little girl at the table next to us poured an entire glass of orange juice down the front of her dress - both of us instantly sang, "'cause you had a bad day...you're taking one down..."

It was very funny to us.

And then for the rest of the weekend? I couldn't help but put it into further action.

Woman one pump over at the gas station's card is denied: "Where is the moment we need at the most?"

A very, very, VERY drunk guy at a party I attended Saturday night came up to me and said, "Let's make love."

My girlfriend and I exchanged looks, tried not to laugh, and my friend looked back at him and asked, "How about she kicks you in the nuts instead?"

And then I imagined me kicking him in the nuts in slow-mo, his body slowly convulsing and then slumping to the floor: "'cause you had a bad day...you're taking one down..."

Last night I arrived late to a friend's birthday party, JUST as she blew out the candles on her cake and everyone just stared at me like, "Nice timing, there."

"Sometimes the system goes on the blink, and the whole thing turns out wrong..."

Try it, it fits everywhere.