Monday, November 06, 2006

Hi baby.

My friend T's little baby girl is adorable. She smells like rainbows! She's itty bitty and all love bug. She's also going by her middle name now, a sudden change that her parents sprung on everyone recently although she was named a few months ago. So now, not only do I have to get used to the fact that my best friend is a MOTHER (Ma!), but I also have to rethink the baby's name when I call out to her. So confusing!

What's-her-name smiled at me on Sunday for the first time, and at THE most perfect time, to which T and I laughed and laughed. I had just arrived at a baby shower, and T was pointing out that the baby was wearing a dress that I had given her. I was looking down at the baby, smiling all big and talking to her, but she just gave a confused grunt. Another friend of mine handed me a glass of champagne, and I held it up to the side of my face and joked, "Oh, it's your Auntie! Here! Now you'll know who I am!" and took a big sip. She smiled from ear to ear.