Sunday, August 22, 2004

I heart Sundays.

Today was an absolutely glorious Sunday.

It started out slowly, with all the windows open in a great big welcome to a cool breeze - after a week worth of surface-of-the-sun heat. Delicious Kona coffee (and cream!), and my favorite jeans with the hole in the knee (so Debbie Gibson!). Free Sunday paper on my doorstep.

Then there was a drive out into the "country". Complete with buying beef jerky from a stand (read: van) along the side of a dirt road, lunching at an old barn converted into a restaurant, and shopping at a fresh produce stand in the middle of nowhere.

There may have been a nap afterwards.

And now, I'm sitting here writing this, windows open again. Glass of chardonnay next to me. Dinner being grilled outside for me - filet mignon, baked potatoes and corn on the cob - my fresh produce purchases.

Sure, I have to finish editing a document the size of War & Peace (originally titled "War, What is it Good For" - anyone?), to be turned in tomorrow morning.

But somehow, it all seems just fine by me.

OH! And before I forget. If you need a DVD that will make you laugh until you cry big crocodile tears at the beauty of the comedy of it all? Then you simply MUST pick up The Best of Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog. Seriously. SO funny. My favorite part? The American Idol Hawaii auditions - and the newscast. You will die. SO brilliant. Go get it, NOW!