Sunday, October 24, 2004

People's Exhibit A

I give you one of the reasons I'm having the best Sunday ever.



1. Rock'n Me - Steve Miller Band: I saw the Steve Miller Band in concert in 1990. I don't remember much other than a party afterward in which I was drunk out of my mind and asked some dude if I could wear his red handkerchief around my head. Which I did. Lame.

2. Takin' it to the Streets - Doobie Brothers: Remember when it was funny just to say Doobie? And remember when Rerun got in trouble for taking in a tape recorder to a Doobie Brothers concert? Learn from Rerun.

3. Fooled Around and Fell in Love - Elvin Bishop: Poor Elvin never really went anywhere after this cheesy love song. Wonder if he's pissed.

4. Sara Smile - Daryl Hall & John Oates: I have a No Daryl Hall & John Oates rule in my house, so this one gets skipped. Unless I forget.

5. Say You Love Me - Fleetwood Mac: I love you, Fleetwood Mac!

6. Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry: I used to frequent a club here when I was 21 or so that used to play this song and it would bring the house down. Seriously. It brought people together. So this song makes me think of Rum and Cokes, and outdoor fire pits.

7. You Should Be Dancing - The Bee Gees: Well, you should be. The Gibbs know what they're talking about.

8. Show Me the Way - Peter Frampton: The sound of the talking guitar. Was it a guitar?

9. Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John & Kiki Dee: I think Elton DID break Kiki's heart. Real bad.

10. Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright) - Rod Stewart: Oh, Rod.

11. Love to Love You Baby - Donna Summer: Naughty song! When I was 12, my friend Niki and I used to sneak in her grandmother's bedroom and listen to this song. And giggle. And wonder why she was making those naughty sounds. I still blush when it's on.

12. Still the One - Orleans: Pure classic.

13. Hello Old Friend - Eric Clapton: Clapton goodness.

14. Get Closer - Seals and Crofts: Nice.

15. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon: I remember this song playing a lot on the radio on my school bus in second grade. I always liked the line: "hop on the bus, Gus"...because I WAS on the bus! I was disappointed he couldn't work in my name.

16. That'll Be The Day - Linda Ronstadt: Go, girl.

17. Welcome Back - John Sebastian: Oh Mr. Kott-ah!

18. Dream Weaver - Gary Wright: Deep shit. HA!

19. All By Myself - Eric Carmen: And then the party's over. How does this song steal any happiness you may be having and make you want to throw yourself in front of a bus? Immediately.

20. The Rubberband Man - The Spinners: ...and then you no longer want to throw yourself in front of a bus. Whew.