Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Name that tune.

I have a very weird habit when I'm stressed.

I sing, or rather belt out my actions. Huge stress reliever. Only thing is, I tend to lean towards Cher style. I don't know why that is - I'm not particularly a Cher fan, but I can actually do a good impression and it's sort of more satisfying to belt out.

When I say I sing my actions, I mean, when alone in the house with my mind racing and calculating all of the things I need to get done, I do actually sing them outloud as my brain is processing them. Part of today's singy-song was:

"Gotta put the MAAAAAIIIIIIIL OUUUUUUUUUT!"

"Fucking BROWNIES are DOOOOONNNNNNE NOOOOWWWWW! Hope everybody LIIIIIIIkes them!!!!"

"Where are my DAMN KEEEEEEEYYYYS????"

It's an odd little habit, yet it keeps me entertained and again, I release a lot of built up stress.

An hour or so ago I was heading out to have a smoke (I KNOW) when standing on the inside of my front door I sang, "Neeeeed to put my SHHHOOOOOEEESSSS ONNNNN!" to which I echoed myself in Opera Style: "Neeeed to put my SHHHHOOOOOOEEESSSS ONNNNN" at a piercing level.

Two seconds later?

On the other side of the door I heard a man's voice horribly sing, "Neeeed to answer the door for the BUUUUUUG GUUUUUUUYYYYYYY!"

You know what?

For half a second I considered echoing him in Opera Style.

Or pee my pants in embarrassment.

I answered the door instead and we had a good laugh and I sent him home with a brownie.