Friday, December 30, 2005

Yeah. Happy new year. GOD!

I have come to this space to vent. I'm using this space as if it were a couch cushion I can scream into. Stand back, please.

I'm READY for the HOLIDAYS to be OVER, please and thank you!

Perhaps it's that the nature of my career is that I am forced to start holiday speak around AUGUST, so now it's just a tad OLD. But seriously, I am one spinach dip away from losing my shit.

I have attended NINETEEN holiday related activities. That's a lot. AND I still have dinner out tonight, TWO parties tomorrow night and freaking BRUNCH on Sunday.

My holiday cheer cup runneth over. Pass the poison.

Wow, I'm feeling better already.

I'm grumpy anyway for a bunch of reasons. One, I somehow managed to stab the shit out of my lower left gumline in a tragic Twizzler feeding during a rousing (snore) game of Monopoly last night and now it's swollen and although no one would know this if I didn't MENTION IT TO EVERYONE TODAY, I feel as if I need to because I'm feeling all Marlon Brando puffy cheek.

And it's raining. AGAIN. As in ALL THE TIME. My merry mood was probably thwarted when for the first time ever I decided to put out some damn lighted reindeers and Christmas trees on my front lawn earlier this month...only for them to be lit ONCE and then promptly shorted out. Oh and that once? One of the bulbs in one of the grazing reindeers' heads was BURNED OUT (which caused the whole HEAD to be burned out) so I'm sure I scared my whole neighborhood for that one night when they could drive by and see a lit up DECAPITATED reindeer! But the other one was facing him, still "grazing", all lovingly so maybe I actually set a good example like, "if you lose your head in a fucked up grazing accident, true love will prevail and if you're with the right person/reindeer, they'll stick by you no matter what".

So. Here I sit, sipping a glass of wine (and NOT enjoying it! Defiance!), listening to the wind and rain beat the hell out of my office window and trying to tell myself, 'suck it up' and that I can make it out in the rain and wind and enjoy my friends for one more weekend. I can!

What is WRONG with me?