Monday, November 01, 2004

Askew

Instead of treats, I got tricked. For I have caught a cold. And it SUCKS. Snot, snot, snotty snot. My nose is red and raw from the blowing. And the sneezing. MY GOD the sneezing.

My events went well this weekend. However, the highlight of my weekend was yesterday. Toni came over and we made popcorn, sipped champagne (she recently got engaged), and watched a chick flick in the middle of the day.

The best part was at the video store. The guy ringing us up was dressed as Superman. And he looked INCREDIBLY uncomfortable. His fake chest plate was all puffed up and his cape tied like right at his adam's apple, and he was sweating. And his...uh...package...was askew.

I was watching him try to manage the computer without bending his head down, lest he be suffocated and asked, "Are you comfortable in that?"

I heard Toni choke back a laugh.

He said, "No, not really."

When we got outside, Toni REALLY laughed. "I can't believe you asked him that!"

"Why, what's the big deal?"

"Did you SEE his package?"

"YES! But that wasn't what I was referring to! Oh my God, do you think that's what he thought I was referring to???"

"I don't know, but I was pretty sure you were going to add, "Superman, your nuts are squished."

That made me laugh for like three hours.