Friday, March 03, 2006

Morbid, yet important.

On Wednesday night, between cooking and cleaning up dinner, I started to have a really weird headache. I was also extremely stressed out about a project I was working on and was waiting for a phone call back from a client that was going to determine whether or not I was going to have to stay up all night to work on it, so I'm quite sure that's where the headache came from.

For a second there I was feeling all light headed and stressed and headachey and for a brief second I thought I just might die. So, I turned to the person who was watching American Idol with me while all of this was going on and said, "If I die right now, please change the channel before the ambulance comes. I don't want them to know that I was watching this. Please change it to PBS or the History Channel or something."

Of course I was joking, but for a brief second I thought, "Please don't let the last thing I see in life be DAVID RADFORD."

Which is exactly why I wanted the channel channged. "You'll be happy to know, she died peacefully at home, watching American Idol. She was enjoying David Radford."

BECAUSE NO.

And then last night, I was driving happily along to meet some friends for dinner, and while making an already scary merge an idiot about crashed right into me.

And I quickly thought to myself, "What song is on? WHAT SONG IS ON? Do I need to change it, in case I die RIGHT THIS SECOND? (reaching for volume on stereo) What is going to be playing when I exit this earth?"

"You'll be happy to know, that although she perished, she was on her way to have dinner with 5 girlfriends, and she was listening to Lady Lumps."