Monday, March 06, 2006

No To-Do List

A relatively quiet weekend was had by me! It was the first weekend in I don't know how long that I didn't have to be on the go go go, and I was loving it.

Except? I didn't really know what to do with myself. One would think I'd catch up on all sorts of neglected things, but even then I didn't know what to do. I don't know how to be bored!

So, there was a lot of walking around my house, staring blankly at walls, and pausing in the hallway - not sure where I was going or what I was doing.

Alas, I DID have dinner plans last night, to celebrate a friend's birthday. This involved getting dressed up, hightailing it to a very fancy Japanese restaurant, and FINALLY I was in my element. Something to do! Social! Not work related!

Yet, I believe my nearly 48 hours of doing nothing rendered me dumb. I couldn't think of anything to talk about! "I like using chopsticks." REALLY? RIVETING!

Then I invited everyone back to my place for birthday cake, and I was SO EXCITING, that everyone was yawning and putting their jackets on to leave BEFORE 9:00 p.m.

Secretly, I was happy. It's nice to take a break.