Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Coffee from PODS.

I love me a good cup of coffee in the morning. I do not however enjoy the act of making a pot of coffee every morning.

I recently discovered a wonderful new appliance that allows me to make a steamy, frothy, delicious cup of coffee within seconds. It's truly a beautiful thing.

I went to the website of said coffee maker company, only to be delighted with how freaking entertaining their site is. I was not prepared.

Allow me to give you a tour of their delightful site and what I loved about it. (follow me, here)

Once you click on your country, please pay special attention to the faces of the people who appear a little TOO satisfied with their cup of coffee. I mean. The woman with the ponytails, eggplant colored shirt, and the "O" face. She looks so damn dreamy it makes me want to have another!



But you know what? It's TRUE. The coffee is GOOD. Here's my own dreamy look:




And....I'm spent.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is that they refer to it as a "coffee pod system". I'm not a marketing genius, but anything with the word POD in it immediately gives me the heeby-jeebies and make me want to run in the opposite direction. Fortunately, the woman at Costco who was demonstrating this puppy never used the word, therefore the sale was made.

And speaking of demonstration, it cracks me up that you can watch a demonstration on-line. Because making one cup of coffee is HARD and you have to see it to believe it!

But even if you don't want to watch the demo, they spell it out for you:

1. Fill the water reservoir.
2. Choose your pods and insert. (ahhhhh!)
3. Press the start button. (really? okay!)

And then comes my favorite part...."VoilĂ , a cup of coffee that feels as good as it tastes."

FEELS as good as it tastes. I didn't slather any coffee ON me, but maybe that's the difference between me and Eggplant Girl. I'm obviously missing something here.

I mock, yes. But I truly love this coffee. A perfect cup everytime, and you can't possibly fuck it up even in a hang-over trance.

I recommend that you act quickly and get one for yourself now, so that YOU TOO can Experience the Revolution!

At first I was worried. "SHIT, I'm in a REVOLUTION. Do I have time for this?" But then I saw the dude in the middle picture of the revolution page and realized it's a very relaxed sort of revolution, so it's cool.